- Make a child theme instead of working on main theme or default theme. This will protect your website from theme update and loss of data.
- Code dynamic menu instead of static menu as client may need a way to update the menu or add new tabs in the menu.
- Minimize the use of plugins as it makes it very difficult for the client to keep it updated in future.
- Make sure SEO plugin is installed so client can keep on updating metatag, meta description of the website.
- Website htaccess have to be coded to reduce spam and hacking of the website.
WordPress Development is very easy and if followed above steps it will increase the security and traffic to the website.